It is the primary responsibility of a Bartender to provide their guests in a professional, friendly, courteous and timely manner while ensuring the behind the bar area is kept clean, organized, and completely stocked at all times. A bartender insures all bartending duties are performed within departmental and business policies, practices, and procedures.
Bartender responsibilities include:
- A bartender must keep clean all equipment, tools, and supplies as well as maintain bartending equipment in good working order.
- A bartender will greet guests in a positive, friendly manner and make them feel welcome.
- A bartender maintains the cleanliness and appearance of the bar.
- They stock the bar with supplies necessary for service.
Bartender’s need to complete opening side duties including:
- Before the start of a shift be sure to check quality and amount of all bar stock and supplies through a checklist.
- Setup bottles in bar display and speed rail.
- Always check working order and cleanliness of equipment including the blender, shaker and other tools.
- Check temperature of refrigeration units and glass wash machine.
- Re-fill ice coolers, garnish trays, straws and napkins.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests and be sure to bid farewell to customer, using their name if known and invite them to come again.
- Always try to anticipate a guests’ needs and take care of them in a timely and friendly manner.
- At all times, follow all health and safety regulations.
- What to know about the skills companies are seeking in their bartenders.
- Have the ability to mix and serve drinks following standard recipes.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Developed interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Always present yourself in a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Have the ability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Bartenders make great money in tips. Learn your craft well and you will have a flourishing career in the hospitality industry. If you are considering a career in bartending, checkout our apps, online courses or newest school in the state of Michigan that will prepare you for a job in the hospitality industry. All courses include final exam and a bartending certificate of completion that is accepted nationwide.