It is the primary responsibility of a Bartender to provide their guests in a professional, friendly, courteous and timely manner while ensuring the behind the bar area is kept clean, organized, and completely stocked at all times. A bartender insures all bartending duties are performed within departmental and business policies, practices, and procedures.
Bartender responsibilities include:
- A bartender must keep clean all equipment, tools, and supplies as well as maintain bartending equipment in good working order.
- A bartender will greet guests in a positive, friendly manner and make them feel welcome.
- A bartender maintains the cleanliness and appearance of the bar.
- They stock the bar with supplies necessary for service.
Bartender’s need to complete opening side duties including:
- Before the start of a shift be sure to check quality and amount of all bar stock and supplies through a checklist.
- Setup bottles in bar display and speed rail.
- Always check working order and cleanliness of equipment including the blender, shaker and other tools.
- Check temperature of refrigeration units and glass wash machine.
- Re-fill ice coolers, garnish trays, straws and napkins.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests and be sure to bid farewell to customer, using their name if known and invite them to come again.
- Always try to anticipate a guests’ needs and take care of them in a timely and friendly manner.
- At all times, follow all health and safety regulations.
- What to know about the skills companies are seeking in their bartenders.
- Have the ability to mix and serve drinks following standard recipes.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Developed interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Always present yourself in a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Have the ability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Bartenders make great money in tips. Learn your craft well and you will have a flourishing career in the hospitality industry. If you are considering a career in bartending, checkout our apps, online courses or newest school in the state of Michigan that will prepare you for a job in the hospitality industry. All courses include final exam and a bartending certificate of completion that is accepted nationwide.
Monday, December 28, 2015
Farmington Hills, Michigan — Just in time for the New Year a new bartending school training center will open in Farmington, Hills, Michigan.
The new school teaches bartender career techniques focusing on mixed drinks, wines and liquors, pouring techniques and bartending job responsibilities’.
The bartender training center is opened by Professional Bartender School who has been training bartenders since 1983 and supplies bartenders to local companies, hotels, and for hospitality career opportunities nationwide.
In January 2016, Professional Bartending School will open its school in Farmington Hills, Michigan. It’s a center where students can learn how to bartend behind a real bar atmosphere.
While the bartending course focuses on how to mix a drinks and customer service, the course includes the responsibilities of a bartender. Bartenders have important responsibilities and need to learn that their career comes with more than just learning how to mix drinks.
The school will have a hands on bar, large screen tvs and experienced instructors who will teach comprehensive 2 week classes culminating in a final exam to be sure students have absorbed all course material. Once a student passes the exam they will be issued a professional bartender completed training certificate that is recognized nationwide.
To sign up for the course, be sure to pre-register now at a significant grand opening special rate today. The admissions staff will contact you with the details of the class schedule. The school offers day and evening classes.
- First learn the basic skills on how to mix drinks. Our courses are hands on behind a bar to learn how to mix drinks, the bartending tools and much more that trains you to become a professional bartender. For those that have time limitations, consider our online video courses complete with final exam and bartending certificate.
- Learn the basic most popular drinks. We teach you the classics from which you can build your drink recipe knowledge.
- Get to know what a bartender does and how they work. When you are at a bar, event, hotel or anywhere drinks are being served by bartenders, take notice as to what they do. Our instructors and behind the bar training allows you to train just like you are working in the type of situations you will encounter as a professional bartender.
- Consider attending a bartender school to learn all the basics of a bartending career. At Professional Bartender School, will teach you hands on with real bartending equipment, how to mix drinks, the essentials of bartending and more. Once your training is completed, we will administer your final exam to ensure sure you have learned everything needed to apply for a job and to get your bartender certificate of completion.
- In addition to our staff assisting you with job opportunities, you should begin a search on your own as well. There are many jobs for bartenders in the hospitality industry posted on the internet for example. Apply for them and set up interviews. Visit places you would like to work, ask the managers if there are any employment opportunities available.
- A big part of becoming a successful bartender in addition to knowing how to mix great drinks is your customer service skills. Bartenders who do well and make great income are very personable. When interviewing or working as a bartender, let your fun personality shine.
- Reliability is a big plus when working as a bartender as well. You need to be sure to show up on time for your shifts. Additionally you have to be dependable and responsible to perform all the tasks required to manage the bar area as taught in the course. There are legal responsibilities, ethical responsibility and the ability to show you are capable of handling the tasks you are assigned in your career.
- If you have additional questions we would be happy to assist, contact our admin department for any questions you may have about our classroom or online training courses when considering bartending as your career choice.
There are thousands of jobs for bartenders around the country. Bartending is a fast going hospitality career choice where you can make great money working at hotels to cruise ships. The more you know about the field of Mixology, the more opportunities are available such as Major hotel chains.
Below is a employment listing for working at the Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1000 properties in over 100 countries.
Employment job listing in Indianapolis for the Department of Food & Beverage.
Prepare and serve beverages for servers and guests in a quick, efficient, friendly and professional manner. Ensure that guests are served in accordance to State and local guidelines regarding the service of alcohol. Other responsibilities include maintaining a clean bar area, processing payments, and taking inventory of the bar.
Click on the link below for full description, requirements and to apply:
The Langham Hotel in Sydney, Australia is currently seeking a talented Cocktail Bartender.
If you are looking to work in Australia as a bartender and are eligible to work in Australia, you can apply for this job and join their new food and beverage operations. Applicant will be working in The beautiful Palm Court Afternoon Tea Venue & Evening Bar of Sydney’s luxury hospitality market, catering for international travelers and Local Sydney customers.
You will be trained to help with hospitality knowledge that includes fine wine to luxury loose leaf tea. As chefs travel the world to learn new techniques, you too will have the opportunity to learn new and exciting mixology techniques and excellent customer service standards.
About the Langham
The Langham, Sydney is Australia’s newest and most luxurious hotel. The Langham, Sydney is a multi-million dollar renovated 98 room Hotel offering modern luxury, this 98-room hotel and provides Sydney’s largest guestrooms, all with signature balconies and/or terraces, with views of the Western Harbor and city skyline.
Holiday Drink Recipe Ideas
Fennel & Fig Infused Vodka
18 ounces vodka
Ginger Bell Cocktail